Fountain Valley High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
College & Career Center » Counselor Rec & Transcript

Counselor Rec & Transcript

If you plan to apply to private universities you will likely need a counselor letter of recommendation and an official transcript. (NOTE: The CSU's and UC's do NOT need either unless requested by the university) See instruction below on how to obtain a counselor letter of recommendation. The instructions for transcripts is on the right column.        

Letter of Recommendation


If you need a letter of recommendation you can reach out to either our School Counselor Mrs. Wong or Mrs. Orel to write you a letter of recommendation. please follow the instructions below: 


1. Fill out the Brag Sheet (attached below)


2. Input Mrs. Wong's email address ([email protected]) or Mrs. Orel's email address ([email protected]) into the Counselor Recommender's portion of Questbridge, Common App, etc. 


3. Waive your FERPA Rights - Waiving your right informs colleges that you will not read your letter of recommendation later on. 


4. Upload your Brag Sheet to the Letter of Rec Request Form




Counselor Letter Deadline


College Deadline










Friday 8/27/2022


Tuesday 9/27/2022



(Who should apply) 








Monday 9/14/2022

Early Decision

Friday 10/15/2022










Friday 10/1/2022

Private Colleges (Early Action/ Early Decision)

Monday 11/1/2022










Friday 10/15/2022

Private Colleges (Early Action/ Early Decision)

Monday 11/15/2022










Monday 11/1/2022

Private Colleges (Early Action; USC's Merit Scholarship Deadline)

*Thanksgiving Break is from Nov 19th -Nov 27th


Wednesday 12/1/2022










Wednesday 12/1/2022

Private Colleges (Regular Decision)

*Winter Break is from Dec 23th - Jan 8th


Saturday 1/1/2022










Wednesday 12/15/2022

Private Colleges (Regular Decision)

Saturday 1/15/2022






1) Sign up on

2) If you went to more than one high school contact admissions if they require transcripts from all high schools attended

3) Send your Official Final Transcript to the school you will be attending by June 1. When ordering select "hold for grades” box and final transcript will be sent.  



Additional Notes 

*UCs and CSU's do not require a transcript at the beginning or middle of senior year (unless requested by the university)


*The first two official parchment transcripts are free