Fountain Valley High School
Protocol for Visitors to School Campus
It is important that all visitors be made aware of and adhere to
HBUHSD BOARD Policy 1250 which governs the activities of outsiders.
FVHS is considered a Closed Campus during regular school hours. It is our goal to have a safe and healthy environment for our staff members, students, and visitors to our campus.
In general, all visitors, including parents/guardians, must sign in at the reception desk. Unless pre-arranged, visitors are not authorized to visit classrooms, walk around campus, including the library, cafeteria, gym, etc. during the instructional school day, including before and directly after school hours.
Helpful tips for guests:
- Visitors must have valid photo identification.
- Visitors are asked to check in with our school receptionist and obtain a visitor’s permit.
- Visitors are not permitted in classrooms without direct approval of an administrator.
- Parents may be asked to wait in a designated office to meet teachers for conferences.
- Former students may only go to the Attendance Office for transcripts. Please do not visit teachers during the school day unless prior permission has been obtained.
- College observers must clear through the training institutions and must present proper credentials to the Student Teacher Coordinator.
Helpful tips for staff:
One Time Visit
- Staff member needs to fill out campus guest request form for administration to review.
- Forms turned in more than 24 hours in advance help administration process requests.
- Remember, staff member MUST be in the room at all times. Guests are not to be alone with students.
Multiple Visits (Former students, parents, volunteers)
- Guest needs to be an approved VIPS (Volunteers in Public Schools) through the Community Resource Coordinator before they will be allowed on campus for their 2nd visit.
- Once the person is cleared through the AP of Curriculum, staff member will be notified.
- Remember, staff member MUST be in the room at all times. VIPS are not to be alone with students.
Our goal is the safety of ALL STAFF and STUDENTS.
Questions: please email Jon Hurst at Jhurst@hbuhsd.edu