For students who wish to take a community college class while in high school please read the information below.
Dual Enrollment: Is an agreed partnership between the high school and college where the student will earn both high school and college credit. HBUHSD currently has an agreed partnership with selected classes at Golden West College (GWC) The agreed classes (listed in that PDF below) will be on both the FVHS transcript and community college transcript. Students will need to apply on GWC's website (here) and the release form. See detailed instructions below.
Concurrent Enrollment: All high school students (in good academic standing) are allowed to take a college class and earn college credit for free. However, HBUHSD will not put concurrent enrollment classes on the HBUHSD transcript. Other classes at GWC that are not on the Dual Enrollment list are considered concurrent enrollment (fill out the "Special Part-Time Enrollment Form" below in addition to applying to the school). OCC, IVC etc do not have Dual Enrollment partnerships, therefore students can earn the credit and use it when they transfer to a university.
HBUHSD Dual Enrollment Summer 2020 Courses
Only students who will be enrolled in a HBUHSD high school in the Fall 2020 semester may enroll in the courses listed below. The deadline to submit the Dual Enrollment Release Form for Summer 2020 is Friday, June 5!
All Summer 2020 dual enrollment classes will be offered online due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Some classes will have live instruction via Zoom at the times listed in the above table.
Step 1. Create an OpenCCC Account and Apply to GWC – Click here
- Create an OpenCCC Account AND submit the GWC online application.
- Check your email! Within 48 hours of completing your GWC application, you will get an acceptance email with your GWC ID number (which starts with the letter C).
Step 2. Pick Your Class(es)
For Dual Enrollment, see our Dual Enrollment Course Offerings page.
For Concurrent Enrollment, please view our Online Class Schedule – Click here
- Select the term you want to enroll in (ex: GWC Summer 2020 or GWC Fall 2020)
- Select the subject you are interested in (or click “all” to view all of our classes)
Step 3. Complete your Release Form
Note: You will need to create a Dynamic Forms account the first time you use the online form submission tool. In order to submit the release form online, you will need an email address. The student’s parent/legal guardian will also need an email address to be able to sign the form electronically (only required if the student is under the age of 18). If a student or their parent/guardian does not have an email address, the student will need to print the PDF copy of the release form and collect the signatures manually before submitting it to Golden West College at email@example.com. The blank PDF copies of the release forms can be found on the Forms page.
The deadline to submit the Dual Enrollment Release Form for Summer 2020 is Friday, June 5!
Step 4. Register for Your Courses
Dual Enrollment students who submit the Dual Enrollment Release Form online will be automatically enrolled in the selected course(s) that have been approved by their high school principal and parent/legal guardian (if under the age of 18).
- Students will receive an email notification confirming their course registration once it has been processed.
- Dual Enrollment students who would prefer to complete the registration process themselves can print the PDF copy of the release form and collect the signatures manually before submitting it to Golden West College at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will then need to log on to their MyGWC portal to complete the registration process once their Dual Enrollment Release Form has been processed.
Concurrent Enrollment students will need to log on to their MyGWC portal to register once their Special Part-Time High School Release Form has been processed.• Click here for a guide showing how to complete the registration process.