We're going GREEN! RSVP for College Visits online.
Presentations Schedules are up! Mark your calendar!
Need a Counselor Letter of Recommendation? Meet with your Guidance Specialist or College or Career Specialist ASAP!
Order your Official Transcripts online!
Dual Enrollment Information
Get ahead this summer by taking a Goldenwest College Dual Enrollment summer class! It's FREE and you can earn high school credit!
Curious and want to learn more? GWC will be on our campus Tues 5/21 & Wednesday 5/22 during lunch at the FVHS Bowl. There are four different courses to choose from including "Becoming a Successful Student" (Get ahead start!), History of Rock Music" (CSU/UC "F" Category Fulfillment), "Personal Health" (HS Graduation Requirement), and History & Appreciation of Cinema (CSU/UC "F" Category Fulfillment). Classes are offered either on our campus or a high school in our district.
Know which class you'd want to take? Apply online (http://www.goldenwestcollege.edu/dualenrollment/apply/) and (complete THREE documents (scroll all the way to the bottom - all attachments in links below), and give all completed paperwork to Marilyn Wong.
Baccalaureate / Senior Honors
Senior Honor's Night will be relocated from the FVHS Gym to the FVHS bowl. Renovations to the FVHS gym will start on May 21, 2019, and go through to the end of June 2019. With the gymnasium undergoing a significant renovation, the Senior Honors Night will require a change of date, time, and location. FVHS PTSA and our College and Career Center will combine both Baccalaureate and Senior Honors for this momentous event on Sunday, June 9th at 4 pm at the FVHS Bowl.
All seniors are invited to attend. Seniors who will receive a Senior Honors recognition will be given an invitation to this combined event through the mail in May. Individual names and awards will be published in the program, and accolades will be recognized in a group format at the ceremony. FVHS will still announce community award recipients, have student speakers, live performances and photo opportunities after the program. Parents and families are welcome to attend.
Prior to the Sunday ceremony, seniors who have earned academic recognition may pick up the honors regalia at Senior Clearance on Friday, June 7, 2019. Attendance at Baccalaureate / Senior Honors is optional; however, this is an excellent opportunity for you and your family to celebrate all of your student's accomplishments. During the event, seniors will meet at the back of the bowl no later than 3:45pm as the ceremony will begin promptly at 4pm. All graduates will march in and sit together.
Senior Spring College Checklist!
1) Most Colleges have sent Admission Decisions with the exception of a few Ivy Leagues. Check the universities student portal by signing in with your student ID and password. You will also want to check your email and spam folder on updates. Contact admission office for further questions. If you haven't done so already, you can still apply for community college! Do so now to get priority registration!
2) Financial Aid packages should all be available now. Contact the Financial Aid Office of the University you wish to attend for further questions.
3) Visit College Campuses and attend College Preview Days. This will give you a better idea on whether you can foresee yourself there in the Fall. Make sure you make the best choice for you and your life plans not just based on prestige and ranking.. College is a bridge to a career and best opportunity for learning in this stage of life.
4) Review your entire college list and narrow it down to the best fit choice or choices. You should be looking at school size, classes, location, and what’s available outside of campus (internship opportunities, activities you’d take part in etc).. Research everything about your final college or two to make an informed decision.
5) Students and Parents need to discuss as a family the post-secondary plans. Topics including funding, family obligations, and fit are important items to cover.
6) May 1st is the Student Intent to Register (SIR) at almost all schools. Submit the deposit to your top school choice when you decided on where to attend! and congratulations you're going to college!
7) Continue to work hard and end your Senior year strong. You will be bringing these study skills to your next chapter in your life.